Monday, October 19, 2009

Texas State Fair

Last week we had the fun opportunity to go to the Texas State Fair. It has become somewhat of a family tradition to go every year. I think we have gone almost every year since we have lived here in Texas. I love going and so does Sadie. We get to see animals and eat fried food and spend time together. What could be better than that. This year the weather was perfect too. It was rainy all week and I was worried we would get rained on but it was just overcast all day. The temperature was perfect in the morning but by the afternoon it did start to get a little hot out but we were leaving anyways so it worked out perfect. Here are a ton of pictures from that day.


Sadie's favorite part of the fair is the petting zoo. Here she is feeding a long-horn cow.



She loved the baby goats.



Feeding a horse.

Sadie decided to for go the feeding shovel and just use her cup. Unfortunately the deer just stole the cup from her.



More loving on those baby goats.

The baby pigs were so cute. Sadie waited for a long time for those piglets to come close enough to touch.



Sadie did the little Hands on the Farm. She fed chickens, collected eggs and fruit and milked cows and took the produce to the market. She loved it.

Here she is planting a seed.

Riding a tractor.

Taking feed to the cows and sheep.

Petting the Borden milk cow.

Sadie and Noah had corn dogs for lunch.


At the water fountain.

We had a lot of fried food. This is my fried Snickers. We also had fried butter and fried peaches n cream. They were all good.

And right before we left Sadie went for a ride on the carousel.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! I love your blog! I can't get over how grown up Sadie looks, and she's as beautiful as ever. The fair sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like so much fun! I'm sad we never went. Fried snickers are my FAVORITE! Fried butter?! :P

    ReplyDelete